Sunday, May 27, 2012

Roby Perissin and the Latin Jazz Ensemble - Jazz With Latin Spice (2012)

Jazz with Latin Spice is the latest project by the Milan, Italy "Latin Jazz Ensemble", a band featuring some great Italian professional musicians. As for a good meal, the songs and the arrangements were chosen to satisfy even the more demanding palates


When I started thinking of this recording I imagined myself as a chef ready to prepare an appetizing meal, made of several courses, matching classic and essential contemporary ingredients to others, unusual and refined.
This new CD, in fact, besides representing as always my enthusiasm and love for life, as well as my passion for jazz and Latin music, includes a set of servings to offer to the listener, made with the intention of stimulating the musical palate, the ear and the imagination, using tasty notes, an adequate dose of rhythm and some Latin-American spices.
To achieve this objective I started by selecting tunes from the repertoire of songs very dear to me, some well-known, others less popular, drawing from the standards of jazz and of Latin-American music. An initial absorbing mix, an infallible cooking base, that allowed me to achieve a rich, tasty menu, diverse and solar, only attainable with the professional contribution and friendship of those who represent the “heart” of the Latin Jazz Ensemble, the three great musicians that with whom I have been working for years and that I thank again, inseparable companions of many live performances in Italy and abroad: Angelo Bifezzi (Piano), Diego Ruvidotti (Trumpet and Flugelhorn) and Paolo Traino (Drums). I believe the best way to celebrate their musical skills is to listen to them. 
During my life, and while living the active music scene of Milan, I have had the chance to meet and get to know and appreciate numerous talented musicians. Three of these, Pino Bifano (Guitar), Gino Carravieri (Drums) and Luca Dell’ Anna (Piano), have excited and moved me with their skills, talent, professionalism and fun attitude as musicians. I could not restrain from asking them to participate as “special guests” on this recording, adding sonority, taste and personality to my recipe, unattainable otherwise. My sincere thanks to them for their contribution.
Equally important to the project has been the participation to this CD of the Tenor Sax, Rudi Manzoli, a jazz player with a refined touch to be enjoyed. I was honored to be able to have his performance and thank Rudi for his priceless collaboration.
To garnish the meal, I could not do without enriching some servings with the basis of my musical roots, Latin-American percussions, adding here and there their accents and vitality. An exercise that never ceases to amuse me and that I hope will elicit the same results from you, the listener.
On this CD (and it is the third) we have mixed, blended and cooked to perfection the whole meal using the well-equipped recording studio, Soluzioni Musicali in Milan of Stefano Spina, whose skillful and patient courtesy is essential to every well-made serving.
With the hope of having managed to satisfy even the more demanding palates, I want to thank those who will find the way and the moment to savor this endeavor. Good music, simple, spontaneous, intense, joyful ……. wishing to all the best of appetites.
Love & music!

Roby Perissin
www.robyperissin.com 

cdbaby